The "Outta Leftfield" Weblog


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Laughing and singing for a cure

Bill Apter is one my favorite people in the world. I grew up reading his articles in professional wrestling magazines as a kid back in the 1970s while hanging around my central Illinois town’s news stand. I never knew then that I’d meet him some day, which I did when I moved to this area in 2003.
I love characters, and Bill is a character. If you’re a fan of professional “rasslin,” you may remember Bill’s onscreen persona, that of befuddled interviewer and announcer. The one question I always wished he would have asked the wrestlers: Why is it that you’re yelling and spitting into the television camera? I guess maybe that fit right in with the befuddled character he played.
So the entertainment value should be high when Bill, a Dresher resident, emcees a night of singing and comedy to find a cure for breast cancer at 7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 26, at Poco’s in Doylestown.
Comedians Chris Rich and Chris Morris will be making guest appearances. And Bill will be yukking it up and doing a little singing himself.
Tickets are $15 and all proceeds from the evening will be donated to The Susan G. Komen Foundation. For tickets and more information, contact Joe Bainbridge at
610-564-9598 or Debbie Knight at 215-512-0992 or you can purchase tickets in advance at Poco's, 625 North Main St., by calling 215-348-3424.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Washington, Pennsylvania

Mike Morsch has been executive editor of Montgomery Newspapers since 2003. His award-winning humor column "Outta Leftfield" has been recognized by the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association, the Suburban Newspapers of America and the Philadelphia Press Association.

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]